- Analyse BaZi (八字) to see what element and 10 Gods (十神) balances or missing or useful (i.e wealth)
- Next check Life Gua (命卦) and determine what stars represent the 10 Gods (十神)
- For Example: Life Gua = 4 巽 Wood, wealth is 8 左辅星 and 2 巨门星)
- Take LuoPan reading at Door Facing (Opposite is Sitting)
- For Example: Door Facing is West (兑 7), Sitting is East (震 3).
- Using Sitting Gua (震 – 3) to Fly ‘clockwise’ LuoShu (洛书) 9 Palaces, this set is the Left Number.
- Using Annual Star (i.e. 2020 is Star 7 enters center to Fly LuoShu (洛书) 9 Palaces, this set is the Right Number.
- Using Life Gua, find the number 2 and 8, which represent wealth in 10 Gods (十神) to activate it.
- The 2 Earth Stars are North and SE (based on Sitting is East 震 3) that can be activated using water, heat or movement.
- This method uses the house natal stars and/ or annual stars that resonate with energy of our BaZi (八字) 10 Gods (十神).
Looking at the person and to co-relate to the person’s house Feng Shui or looking at the Feng Shui and pinpointing one’s problematic areas, this aspect is also relate to the 5 elements and what it represents. Especially fluid when the one doing the assessment is an advanced or BaZi pro. Nothing to “Wow” once we understand how it is derived.
土 － 意 (Will)
金 － 魄 (Body)
水 － 志 (Mind)
木 － 魂 (Soul)
火 － 神 (Spirit)
1. Mind (志，relates to Water), this is related to a negative star or inauspicious landform in a water sector. The residents tend to have unclarity of thoughts, fear or trauma to take action and the inability to plan ahead. This often leads to unsound financial planning. It also stop the residents to start connecting with people as well as stop taking a changes that was really use to push forward, causing the residents to refuse learning new skills and acknowledging their shortcomings.
2. Spirit (神，relates to Fire), triggers when there is negative stars or landform in the fire sector. It often starts with depressed emotions and negative feeling towards money or to attach to certain emotional issue on certain thing (so much so that it begins to breed repetition). There also a feeling of scarcity blocking the residents to achieve better version of themselves, often leads to stagnant relationship. How do you know the residents has a Spirit issue? They way they talk – often rude and disrespectful.
3. Body (魄，relates to Metal), another way to understand this is the Chakra in our human body or when one feels he/she has no energy in doing things, too lethargic, energy level is often low. Normally, when the metal element in is afflicted, not only does the body is energetically drained, the household tends to have respiratory ailments. Residents of the property then to have a loyalty issue and inability to execute instructions.
4. Soul (魂，relates to Wood), a clear sign that affliction has affected this sector the residents needed anger management or the household lacks purpose, kindness and compassion. There might be also signs of alcoholism or drug misuse issues. Often leads to liver ailments.
5. Will (意，relates to Earth), is often seen when NE or SW of the apartment has affliction or when personal stability sector (Fu Wei) is visited by negative stars. If often leads to the lack of self esteem, overzealous ego and lack of stamina. When we are dealing with residents of such affliction, we can know when we are feeling lack of trust or the challenges to build trust with the person. The residents are also prone to sugary food and stagnation routine that leads to diabetes.
Psychological View / Physiology Perspectives
|Health||Ambition||Personal, View of Life||Passion|
|Gratitude, Morals, Value, Family||Character, Upbringing||Physical Body||Desire|
|Soul & Inner Spirit|
|Way of Handling Matters||Responsibility, Self Control||Affinity||Enjoyment, Treatment of Subordinates|
Age Range (Approximate)
|Childhood||Young Adult||Middle Age||Retirement|
|0 ~ 18 years||19 ~ 36 years||37 ~ 54 years||55 & beyond|
Industry, House & Skills
|Head / Face||Chest||Stomach||Legs|
|Shoulders||Upper Back||Groins||Calf / Ankles|
Yin vs Yang
|External (阳)||External (阳)||External (阳)|
|Internal (阴)||Internal (阴)||Internal (阴)||Internal (阴)|
Overall Framework (+ Life and Conception Palace)
|Life Palace (Mind)||Conception Palace (Soul)|
Business Model (Entrepreneurship & Organisation)
|Culture||System/ Rules||Power/ Hiring||Calling/ Niche|
甲不离庚 / Jia Wood need the company of Geng Metal, because wood needs to be trimmed, chopped and fine tune in order for it to be use furniture, artefacts or dried effectively to be use a firewoods.
乙不离丙癸 / Yi Wood need to be accompanied by Bing Fire and Gui Water. Bing Fire represent natural light or Sun, Yi Wood as a flowering plant needs both water and Sun to nurtrient it.
丙不离壬 / Bing Fire which is high and mightly needs to by humbled by water in the ocean. As water evaporates and condensed into clouds it covers the sun bleaming rays. Otherwise, the overwhelming heat will make life on planet impossible to grow.
丁不离甲 / Ding Fire is alike candle or flames in a fireplace, the heat is controlled by the amount of resource it has. Even if want to shines brightly for people in darkness, this line need Jia Wood as resource to burn.
戊不离甲 / Wu Earth is a mountain. In Feng Shui if a mountain is bared, earth and rocks can been seen. This is regarded as a inauspicious mountain landform. So, for mountain (ideally) it needs to have good amount of greens. Not only does it look beautiful and manificent, it also help in forming of midst , dews, rain and good habitat for living creatures. Good amount of trees also help reduce erosion. Nonetheless, wood doesn’t change the shape of the mountain.
己不离丙癸 / Ji Earth is soft soil where crops grown on, with heat from the sun (Bing Fire) and moisture from rain (Gui Water), the nutrients, acidity and humidity of the soil faciliate agriculture and growth.
庚不离丁 / Geng Metal is strong piece of rod, in order for it be shape into something useful, often it has to go into furnace and mould.
辛不离壬 / Xin Metal is a piece of jewelery wore on a lady and it needs output for its shine to be seen. Ren Water can represent the chemical need to clean this jewelery.
壬不离戊 / Ren Water is alike the ocean and the sea. It need to be control in order to take shape and form. It need to be controlled and regulated in a case of a dam otherwise the vast water bring more harm than benefit to human population.
癸不离庚 / Gui Water is seen as river or rainfall. In both cased it need a source to come from. Geng Metal here has the image of seasonal wind, dews, mist and cloud formation. Geng Metal can also be image as a tap for the water in commercial setting.
Keeping the post to the point – a frequent question receive recently (so decided to pen it down the solution for those who have affinity with this article).
Taking an example of Yang Fire (丙) Day-Master and 7-Killing as Yang Water (壬) and in a year where Tai Sui (太岁) induces Yang Water to cause legal, gossips (口舌官非) and challenges to the chart owner.
Solution: Using a 24 mountain feng shui compass, determine the position of Yang Water in the house / apartment. Examine that area and remove those item that directly / indirectly produce Yang Water (i.e. Yin Metal – Jewelry, key chain and coin etc or Water related such as water dispenser, diffusers). And, do this before the Tai Sui (太岁) changes – before Start of Spring (立春).
There is another method that uses personal life Gua number + 3×3 Grid and 6-Kins, slightly more complex than the above discussed.
Water Tiger or Ren Yin （壬寅） Tai Sui （太岁）was born in （鄂县） County in the Yuan Dynasty, named He Ben （贺贲）, also known as He Yi （贺谔）. He Ben is a talented strategist, thrive in offensive battle. He was (later) was in charge of Army of Jingzhao. When he died, he was posthumously named Duke Yong （雍国公）and given the title of Zhenxian （贞献）; and later worship by common folks of that region.
The Chinese 12 Zodiacs animals are just symbolic representation of the seasonal / cyclical changes reference between the Sun and the Earth. As the Sun moves around the Galaxy in the Universe, it is represented by one of the sixty Tai Sui.
In 2022, the Sun position is at Ren Yin （壬寅）it has a direct influence on Monkey or Shen （申）, Snake or Si （巳）, Pig or Hai （亥）.
To the Monkey, it represent a direct clash, a change in environment, moving house, changing job opportunities. It also represent a difference in viewpoint with your superior or seniors.
To the Snake, it represent a harm or affliction, direct towards health, mental wellbeing and interpersonal relationships. As well as doing things or eating (drinking) in excess.
To the Pig, it a broken sign, usually in areas of the mind, self talk and goals. This aspect also can be link to self sabotaging behavior (i.e. thing are running smoothly, suddenly you decide to change course of actions for no good reasons, end up hurting relationship and deviation from the expected outcome).
Which area the clash, harm, affliction and broken depends on the pillars.
The 4 aspect based on the 4 Pillars (BAZI):
年 Year embodies externalities, government, authority, social relationship, superiors, bosses, grandparents, uncle’s, aunties, in-laws and parents.
月 Month encapsulate work environment, colleagues, peers, friends, siblings relationship and a bit of family / household matters (i.e. Living Room / Space)
日 Day focus on primarily family environment, spouse relationship (i.e. behind closed doors). It also includes self as well as personal values.
时 Hours deals with personal aspirations, dreams hopes and fear. Skills & Talents. It also encompasses offsprings and children relationship or matters.
注意 (Alert): The cutover point for TaiSui is always at the Start of Spring （立春）, and not Chinese New Year.
Activating the South (Palace 9, Wu 午 position) and Northeast (Palace 8, Chou 丑 position) sector would be a good help to induce the lucky stars as well as the Zodiac elemental combination so as to reduces these clash, harm and afflictions. Picking a good date would +points in term of higher energy activation level.
The 5 Elements (Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water) not only represent organs and physical body in BaZi. It also represent other intriguing aspects such as emotions, spiritual and love languages.
Wood Element in conventional BaZi relates with liver and sour taste. It also represent aspects of the spirit, repress anger as well as a need for time. In a work environment Wood indicates a need for both intrinsic and extrinsic growth; as well as passive and active growth. Passive is a need (i.e. mentor, coach and teachers inducing the growth on an individual) while Active is becoming a driver for others’ growth (i.e. becoming the mentor, coach and teacher).
Fire centers around heart, blood and bitter taste. It represent aspects of the mind, clarity and gravitate towards religious study. It is also associated with happy feeling and a need for movement or taking actions. In work environment, it trigger the need to establish relationship. In a social setting, fire people are more feeling oriented and passionate.
Earth are related to will power, and much about stomach ailment as well as the need for touch as a form of love language. In an active sense, earth related with determination while on passive sense it usually translate into negativity thinking and calling up of pass emotions (as earth also translate into planning and thinking far ahead). In work environment or as a social setting, need for earth also means a need for security and stability. And, change is a challenge for earth.
Metal walks with the soul and it seen as yearning for gifts as a form of love language. Metal is produce by earth and therefore it triggers worries. In work setting, it is often regarded as a sense of importance or recognition as well as the ability to execute a task, goal or strategy.
Water deals with determination, the human kidney as well as salty taste. In love language it often refer to as word of appreciate. Water can also relates with fear. In a positive sense, fearless and love taking on challenges and risk, while in a passive sense would be fearful. Therefore, in a work environment one with active water enjoy challenges and change while the other is stagnant and resist changes.
During the era of the past, BaZi practitioner learn BaZi by way of memorize verse and poems. In the modern time, there is a rely on techonlgy such as Apps and Online Calculator.
In the poem (below), let’s take a closer look and understand the corresponding stems/ branch. And we would realize that the 4 Earth Branch often regarded as tomb or storage (i.e Dragon, Dog, Ox. Goat) are left out.
Yang Wood Corresponding with Snake
Yin Wood Corresponding with Horse
Yang Fire Corresponding with Monkey
Yin Fire Corresponding with Rooster
Yang Earth Corresponding with Monkey
Yin Earth Corresponding with Rooster
Yang Metal Corresponding with Pig
Yin Metal Corresponding with Rat
Yang Water Corresponding with Tiger
Yin Water Corresponding with Rabbit
The Academic Stars are basically the Day Stem’s output branch (i.e. Wood produce Fire) only exception is Earth which goes on to the next element as Metal; there is a FengShui reason and application for it. The Academic Stars comes in both polarity – Yin / Yang branch that is associated with Day Stem.
In the classics, ONLY the day stem is taken as the point of reference. Whereas in modern days there is a NEW-AGE view and the BaZi year, month and hour (or even minutes) stems are regard as reference points. And, it has also been programmed and build into Apps and Online Calculator. There is no right or wrong, it’s therefore up to each practitioner application and analysis.