In Feng Shui, Practitioner and Masters often use the middle of the house / apartment as TaiJi (太极); while there are Big TaiJi, there are also Small TaiJi and in some Micro TaiJi that uses the study table or work desk that use XKDG Yao (爻) application.
Feng Shui exist for people and is use by people. Therefore around you and me has Feng Shui, our left side and our right angle (or maybe our front and back) could be very much the difference between a good Qi and bad Qi. And, in it lies beneficial decision vs hurtful outcomes.
Therefore, we can humanise the Feng Shui by using man as the TaiJi (instead of using the house/ apartment). As such, there is no missing sector and we could easily increases the beneficial sector depending on where we are in a room.
Traditionally, there are 4 auspicious and 4 inauspicious in 8 mansion, and usually we ignore or avoid the bad sector. Tweaking the perspective, maybe the bad one are just challenges to improve ourselves. So, not all inauspicious are bad and that the 8 Mansion could also be seen as 8 aspects (palaces) of our lives.
1. Creation & Wealth Palace (生气 – Life Generating), this is made up of growing Qi or energy. It induces your abilities to generate wealth or create wealth (or wealth ideas), some people with wealth come with authorities. This sector also relate about work, the qualities and capacity of your works.
2. Health & well-being Palace (天医 – Heavenly Doctor), this is regarded as the healing sector as well as assistance or support sector. Notwithstanding healing, resources help, teacher, mentor and noblemen are part of this sector. It indicate how well you get support and validation. This is also a wealth sector of salaried employees and business owner as it dictate how fast you turnaround and regenerate.
3. Social Charisma Palace (延年 – Longevity), this sector deals with networking, and the quality of long term relationship. It governs communication matters, connection, affinity, and good relationship helps people live longer, therefore it’s a.k.a the longevity palace.
4. Identity Palace (伏位 – Stability), this sector relates to one’s believe, perception, confidence, mindset and action. This sector is also where we can activate and meet our noblemen (Annual Nobleman and Natal Nobleman).
5. Adventure Palace (祸害 – Mishaps), traditionally this sector is seen as disharmony and disunity, stagnation, hatred and argument. In a contemporary light, this sector is seen as challenges and adventuring. We leave a team because goals changed, dreams differs and we argument because opinions challenges our morals, this is a palace of change.
6. Likeability palace (六煞 – Six Killing), this is related to water stars and it indicates attractiveness, charming, seduction, romance, promiscuity and of course over-indulgence. Which in negative light lead to sins, argument and breaking of relationship. Use this positively, one can become passionate in a relationship and charming to the opposite gender.
7. Spiritual Palace (五鬼 – 5 Ghost), closely related to fire element, fire relates to religious and spiritual connection, as well as dreams, thoughts and inner world guidance. This sector will be good for spiritual pursue and enlighment. Wisdom come from overcoming our inner demons. Because, this sector relates to spiritual beings, that is why traditionally, this sector is call Five-Ghost and deem that things will be stolen or missing or if one is unlucky, one will be seeing energy of another dimension.
8. Trial & Tribulation Palace, (绝命 – Life Threatening), traditionally this sector is not to be used (And, I still maintain this view). The meaning of this sector is that it often triggers important life’s lesson or lives changing lesson. When one is not physically and mentally prepared, it could take a turn for the worst.
Looking at the person and to co-relate to the person’s house Feng Shui or looking at the Feng Shui and pinpointing one’s problematic areas, this aspect is also relate to the 5 elements and what it represents. Especially fluid when the one doing the assessment is an advanced or BaZi pro. Nothing to “Wow” once we understand how it is derived.
土 － 意 (Will)
金 － 魄 (Body)
水 － 志 (Mind)
木 － 魂 (Soul)
火 － 神 (Spirit)
1. Mind (志，relates to Water), this is related to a negative star or inauspicious landform in a water sector. The residents tend to have unclarity of thoughts, fear or trauma to take action and the inability to plan ahead. This often leads to unsound financial planning. It also stop the residents to start connecting with people as well as stop taking a changes that was really use to push forward, causing the residents to refuse learning new skills and acknowledging their shortcomings.
2. Spirit (神，relates to Fire), triggers when there is negative stars or landform in the fire sector. It often starts with depressed emotions and negative feeling towards money or to attach to certain emotional issue on certain thing (so much so that it begins to breed repetition). There also a feeling of scarcity blocking the residents to achieve better version of themselves, often leads to stagnant relationship. How do you know the residents has a Spirit issue? They way they talk – often rude and disrespectful.
3. Body (魄，relates to Metal), another way to understand this is the Chakra in our human body or when one feels he/she has no energy in doing things, too lethargic, energy level is often low. Normally, when the metal element in is afflicted, not only does the body is energetically drained, the household tends to have respiratory ailments. Residents of the property then to have a loyalty issue and inability to execute instructions.
4. Soul (魂，relates to Wood), a clear sign that affliction has affected this sector the residents needed anger management or the household lacks purpose, kindness and compassion. There might be also signs of alcoholism or drug misuse issues. Often leads to liver ailments.
5. Will (意，relates to Earth), is often seen when NE or SW of the apartment has affliction or when personal stability sector (Fu Wei) is visited by negative stars. If often leads to the lack of self esteem, overzealous ego and lack of stamina. When we are dealing with residents of such affliction, we can know when we are feeling lack of trust or the challenges to build trust with the person. The residents are also prone to sugary food and stagnation routine that leads to diabetes.