Traditionally, the mitigating factor when it comes to a BAZI chart that has (signs of) weakness in Fire and Wood. There is usually the career/ industry elements that compliment it, which BAZI practitioner often dish out in their reports; there is also the spiritual and growth suggestions we can turn to. And, when it comes to nutrition and medicine, its about going back to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). In contemporary times and advancement in research, this 2 western supplements (Resveratrol and CoQ10) might seem like a good alternative to mitigate this risk early.
1. Resveratrol Supplements May Help Lower Blood Pressure: Because of its antioxidant properties, resveratrol could be a promising supplement for lowering blood pressure.
2. It Has a Positive Effect on Blood Fats: Several studies in animals have suggested that resveratrol supplements may change blood fats in a healthy way.
3. It Lengthens Lifespan in Certain Animals: The compound’s ability to extend lifespan in different organisms has become a major area of research.
4. It Protects the Brain: Several studies have suggested that drinking red wine can help slow down age-related cognitive decline. This may partly be due to the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity of resveratrol.
5. It May Increase Insulin Sensitivity: Resveratrol has been shown to have several benefits for diabetes, at least in animal studies.
6. It May Ease Joint Pain: Arthritis is a common affliction that leads to joint pain and loss of mobility. Plant-based supplements are being studied as a way to treat and prevent joint pain. When taken as a supplement, resveratrol may help protect cartilage from deteriorating.
7. Resveratrol May Suppress Cancer Cells: Resveratrol has been studied, especially in test tubes, for its ability to prevent and treat cancer. However, results have been mixed. In animal and test-tube studies, it has been shown to fight several kinds of cancer cells, including gastric, colon, skin, breast and prostate.
1. It May Help Treat Heart Failure: Heart failure is often a consequence of other heart conditions, such as coronary artery disease or high blood pressure. These conditions can lead to increased oxidative damage and inflammation of the veins and arteries.
2. It Could Help With Fertility: Female fertility decreases with age due to a decline in the number and quality of available eggs. CoQ10 is directly involved in this process. As you age, CoQ10 production slows, making the body less effective at protecting the eggs from oxidative damage.
3. It Might Help Keep Your Skin Young: Your skin is the largest organ in your body, and it’s widely exposed to damaging agents that contribute to aging.
4. It Could Reduce Headaches: Abnormal mitochondrial function can lead to an increased calcium uptake by the cells, the excessive production of free radicals and decreased antioxidant protection. This can result in low energy in the brain cells and even migraines.
5. It Could Help With Exercise Performance: Oxidative stress can affect muscle function, and thus, exercise performance. Similarly, abnormal mitochondrial function can reduce muscle energy, making it hard for muscles to contract efficiently and sustain exercise.
6. It Could Help With Diabetes: Oxidative stress can induce cell damage. This can result in metabolic diseases like diabetes. Abnormal mitochondrial function has also been linked to insulin resistance.
7. It Might Play a Role in Cancer Prevention: Oxidative stress is known to cause cell damage and affect their function. If your body is unable to effectively fight oxidative damage, the structure of your cells can become damaged, possibly increasing the risk of cancer.
8. It Is Good for the Brain: Mitochondria are the main energy generators of brain cells. Mitochondrial function tends to decrease with age. Total mitochondrial dysfunction can lead to the death of brain cells and diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
9. CoQ10 Could Protect the Lungs: Of all your organs, your lungs have the most contact with oxygen. This makes them very susceptible to oxidative damage. Increased oxidative damage in the lungs and poor antioxidant protection, including low levels of CoQ10, can result in lung diseases like asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Grand Duke (太岁): Rat
Annual Conflict (岁破): Horse
3 Killing Zone (三煞): 135 Degree – 225 Degree
3 Affliction Sector (三合冲吊): Dragon, Rat, Monkey
5 Tiger Harm Sector (五虎煞): North, NorthEast, East
4 Deity (太岁四神):
– Punishment Cell (蚕室): Southwest
– Administration Officials (奏书): Northwest
– Military Officials (力士): Northeast
– Mentors (博士): Southeast
Annual Flying Star (年飞星): 7
Disaster Star 5 (五黄廉贞土): East
Sickness Star 2 (二黑巨门土): South
Quarrelsome Star 3 (三碧禄存木): North
QiMen Auspicious Door (流年奇门): NorthEast (Commencement Palace is 8) – the use of this door a little intricate. Drop me a note, if you need to know more.
Annual Wealth Palace (流年财方): Dog sector
Annual Nobleman (流年贵人): Ox, Goat sector
As we approaches winter solstice, some usual questions I get from enthusiast, interest groups, friends and loved ones relating to Annual Feng Shui. Hence, decided to spend some time and pen it down for ease of reference, these are some of the common comments and keynotes about 2020. As well as an entry point for people who are new to Feng Shui. Some of these concept are not widely circulate in publication. Hence, may cause some subtle confusion, drop me a note/ comments if you need the specifics.
For Annual Analysis, there is (personally) a need to divide into those impact by stars and those induced by TaiSui (Yes, as a Practitioner, there is a need to split it up). Those that dealt with flying stars and purple white astrology will follow winter solstice as the point of change. While those induce by TaiSui shall follow the Start of Spring () based on the 24 seasonal chart.
For 2020, I would be using star 7 in the middle palace, plot thru the 9 grid (3 x 3) to get the annual flying star chart for the year. With that, the annual flying star: 7, Disaster Star 5 is in the East, Sickness Star 2 lands in the South, while the Quarrelsome Star 3 sits in North; this are basically the negative stars to take note. These stars only become ‘alive’ when a Taiji (太极) is formed. The auspicious greedy wolf, military officer, academic officer and prosperous stars lands at Northeast, Southeast, Southwest, Northwest and West respective. Hopefully, the main door is bless with 1 of these auspicious stars. The effects will take place between 22 Dec 2019 thru 21 Dec 2020.
This a quite a fair year because the robbery star 7 is lock in the middle. Meaning 1 less negative stars to worry about in terms of flying stars FengShui. What most of us need to be concerned of is the East, North and South; generally house in Singapore are high rise and North-South facing with bedroom in the East.
The sector Northeast and Southwest which was pretty lousy in 2019 has become better in 2020. Blessed by flying stars 1 and 4. Which is for wealth, prosperity, growth and academic endeavours. And, further enhance by annual Wealth and Nobleman. Young parents, especially mummy should make use of this opportunity to upgrade themselves in terms of knowledge and skills.
Those induce by Mr. TaiSui is more straightforward. TaiSui is Rat, the house with Horse sitting will immediately feel the health and monetary impact. Especially so, it the residents zodiac is horse or with life Gua 9. It not the end of the world, let be a little scientific about it. There are things we can do like take cautious in investment decision and better health habit and risk adverse.
When TaiSui comes from the direction of Rat; and in form school Rat direction has a poison arrow or road clash angled toward the property. This is the 3 Affliction Sector (三合冲吊) meaning the trio combination of people with zodiac dragon, rat and monkey might be afflicted in Heath, mishap or in form of daily grinds. This differs from the 4 pillar / BAZI way of analysis. This is not widely practice and also not commercially mentioned in most paid consultation by practitioner and FSM, I added here for knowledge and completeness sake.
As for those 3 Killings, 4 Deity, 5 Tigers and what not, the terms and name kinda speaks for itself – they are the badass; ideally no renovations or large movement in these sectors. The qi flow need be stable and still, both internally and externally. If there is external arrows or clash, would need to further assess the house qi (宅体) before concluding the effects and whether further actions is needed.
In making use of the Auspicious sectors. I’m more for application rather than placement. As the saying 3 auspicious overcomes 1 negative. In Feng Shui, I advocate the use of 3 auspicious sector to raise the house Qi (宅体). Look at it as boosting the immunity to overcome the harm and affliction for the year.
For placement wise (if you really need to use placement) – based on personal experiences, ONLY this 3 methods: indoor plants with bigger leaf size is preferred, for water aquarium the currents need to be gentle and clear, soil and murky water is not preferred. Alternatively, would be the use of sphere shaped crystals, quartz vibration is generally a good choice. The whole idea behind placement is help users set in and settle the personal intentions.
Guess I’ll stop here otherwise it sounds naggy. Drop me a comment if there is any specifics you needed clarification into.